(a) The home inspector shall inspect:
(1) Roof coverings;
(2) Roof drainage systems;
(4) Skylights, chimneys, and roof penetrations; and
(5) Signs of' leaks or abnormal condensation on building components.
(b) The home inspector shall:
(1) Describe the type of roof covering materials; and
(2) Report the methods used to inspect the roofing.
(c) The home inspector is not required to:
(1) Walk on the roofing; or
(2) Inspect attached accessories including solar systems, antennae, and lightning arrestors.
back to the Components page